Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jayaram Ponnusamy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/04 06:37:24 UTC

Help On Tomcat Process which is utilizing more than 300%

Dear All,

I am new to Tomcat We are using Tomcat 7.0.42 with JVM 1.7.0_40-b43 on Rhel
6 (8 Core CPU).
Suddenly tomcat process start utilizing more than 300% and our website
performance went down.

I couldn't find anything in the Log. Kindly please help me to resolve this
issue.

--

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Jayaram Ponnusamy*

Re: Help On Tomcat Process which is utilizing more than 300%

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 04.12.2016 um 07:37 schrieb Jayaram Ponnusamy:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new to Tomcat We are using Tomcat 7.0.42 with JVM 1.7.0_40-b43 on Rhel
> 6 (8 Core CPU).
> Suddenly tomcat process start utilizing more than 300% and our website
> performance went down.
>
> I couldn't find anything in the Log. Kindly please help me to resolve this
> issue.
One approach would be to take a couple of thread dumps, when this
happens and look for threads that are doing work at that time. (Look for
"Thread Dump" on https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo)
Another problem could be garbage collections, that are using too much
cpu. (You could look at
http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2011/11/16/setting-measurement-garbage-collection-apache-tomcat
or google yourself a bit)

If you want to get a better picture of the threads that are running, I
would recommend to use the jdk tools jconsole, jvisualvm or the newer jmc.

Regards,
  Felix