Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2005/03/01 16:14:03 UTC

serialVersionUIDs missing...

There are three Serializable classes which still do not contain a
serialVersionUID...

ApplicationRuntimeException (probably okay to fix)
RemoteExceptionEvent (probably okay to fix)
ServiceToken (don't know if we can fix, as these objects are meant to be
serialized; probably okay though)

Any concerns with going ahead and fixing these using a default
serialVersionUID (1L)?  In my eclipse environment, those are the only
warnings I have left.

Re: serialVersionUIDs missing...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
No problem; I usually use serialver and use the big long number of the
serialVersionUID ... though to be honest, 1 is just as easy and
effective!

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:14:03 -0500, James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> There are three Serializable classes which still do not contain a
> serialVersionUID...
>
> ApplicationRuntimeException (probably okay to fix)
> RemoteExceptionEvent (probably okay to fix)
> ServiceToken (don't know if we can fix, as these objects are meant to be
> serialized; probably okay though)
>
> Any concerns with going ahead and fixing these using a default
> serialVersionUID (1L)?  In my eclipse environment, those are the only
> warnings I have left.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind