Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/08/23 19:21:17 UTC

Binary distrbutions

>    Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 08:27:34 -0500
>    From: Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
>
>    I think this is a good idea.
>
>    I feel that we should compile with *every* distributed module loaded.
>    If we don't put the features in, someone will just report that it
>    doesn't work.
>
> Would this include the experimental modules, and the NCSA
> miscellaneous-log compatibility stuff?  (NB that if that stuff's
> compiled in, it does become active, logging to its default filenames).

When I wrote that, I was thinking more about the "commonly" used
modules. (Is there such a thing?) Specifically, all modules that
are configured in by default, plus imagemap, accessory log
modules, the DBM auth stuff, and perhaps the dynamic loading module.

It seems that the few people that I have talked to that are
having problems, are trying to load the kitchen sink... Adding
the logging modules would probably also require us to allow them
to be disabled in the config.