Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gowtham S <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/07 07:01:09 UTC

Reg: Dual Kafka Clients - Issues with jar version conflicts

Hello,

As per our team requirements, we are supposed to use and communicate
between two different Kafka Clients, provided and managed by two separate
teams). Mentioned below are the client versions

Version 1 - kafka-clients-2.4.0.jar
Version 2 - kafka-clients-0.10.0.1.jar

Please suggest if possible to use them without compatibility issues. Is it
necessary to move the topics to a single Kafka?
If necessary to upgrade the clients, suggest the best practices for the
same.

With regards,
Gowtham S, MCA

Re: Reg: Dual Kafka Clients - Issues with jar version conflicts

Posted by Jonathan Santilli <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gowtham, do you think it is possible to elaborate on your use case?
what are you trying to solve?

--
Santilli Jonathan

Re: Reg: Dual Kafka Clients - Issues with jar version conflicts

Posted by Gowtham S <go...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Nicolas Carlot <ni...@chronopost.fr>.
Well, obviously the API changed a lot between 0.10 and 2.4, client code
developed for one version surely is incompatible with the other one...

Posted by Gowtham S <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Carlot <ni...@chronopost.fr>.