Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/10/11 19:31:54 UTC

0.20 release update - alpha next week

Hi.  Just a quick reminder that alpha, the deadline for including major
features in 0.20, is next week.  Beta follows two weeks after that, at
which point trunk will open again for forward development.

Thanks,
Justin

---
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/020-release.html

Re: 0.20 release update - alpha next week

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 15:32 -0400, jross@redhat.com wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012, Alan Conway wrote:
>
> > On 10/11/2012 06:31 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> >> Hi.  Just a quick reminder that alpha, the deadline for including major
> >> features in 0.20, is next week.  Beta follows two weeks after that, at
> >> which point trunk will open again for forward development.
> >
> > I am starting work on transaction support for the new HA. A
> > pre-requisite for that is to change the way replicated messages are
> > identified. If possible I'd like to get this in between alpha and beta
> > so that 0.20 has the new scheme, otherwise 0.22 will be forced to break
> > backward compatibility. The scope of the work is ha module only
> >
> > Does that violate the scope of changes allowed post-alpha?
>
> Doesn't sound like it so far.  You say "scope of the work is ha module
> only": so, to confirm, no changes to broker internals?

No, I don't expect any.

Re: 0.20 release update - alpha next week

Posted by jr...@redhat.com.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012, Gordon Sim wrote:

> On 10/11/2012 06:31 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>> Hi.  Just a quick reminder that alpha, the deadline for including major
>> features in 0.20, is next week.  Beta follows two weeks after that, at
>> which point trunk will open again for forward development.
>
> I'd like to request a short reprieve. I put up patches for my 1.0 support
> last Friday. As yet no significant issue have been raised but it is likely
> going to take me a couple of days to get it all committed to trunk. Could we
> delay the alpha to first thing Monday morning?

No objection from me.  I've just now kicked off the preliminary release
testing now, so I'll likely have some dist issues to resolve in the mean
time.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: 0.20 release update - alpha next week

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.