Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2011/01/05 11:55:32 UTC

WARNING: re-index all Lucene trunk indices

If you are using Lucene's trunk (to be 4.0) builds, read on...

I just committed LUCENE-2843, which is a hard break on the index file format.

If you are living on Lucene's trunk then you have to remove any
previously created indices and re-index, after updating.

The change cuts over to a more RAM efficient and faster terms index
implementation, using FSTs (finite state transducers) to hold the term
index data.

Mike

Re: WARNING: re-index all Lucene trunk indices

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Bernd Fehling
<be...@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Because this is also posted for solr-user and from some earlier
> experiences with solr from trunk I think this is also recommended
> for solr users living from trunk, right?
>
> So solr trunk builds directly with lucene trunk?

Correct.

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.
Because this is also posted for solr-user and from some earlier
experiences with solr from trunk I think this is also recommended
for solr users living from trunk, right?

So solr trunk builds directly with lucene trunk?

Bernd