Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 06:16:58 UTC

Version of latest woden jar

Hi,

With woden-146 fixed I expected to see a build break of Axis2. But still no
build break which makes me think whether 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT is
available on maven repos. Can someone please clarify this. I took a check
out of the M7 branch and fixed axis2 to support the change. But i'm unable
to commit untill we fix axis to use the latest version of woden.

Thanks,
Keith.

--
Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Version of latest woden jar

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Oh I see. Well, the maven 2 pom.xml has been using 1.2 ever since
being built on the WS Continuum server. So the Woden snapshots that
Axis2 pick up will be built against 1.2 anyway. All the junits pass
against 1.2 although I was seeing some issues with the interop tests
earlier today.

I think trunk should use versioned releases as far as possible because
it's then easier to quickly cut a release without having to go to the
projects we depend on and ask for a new release. On rare occasions we
require snapshots which have bug fixes we depend on. If that is the
case then we would have to discuss that on a case by case basis.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Jeremy,
don't worry about adding these 6 tests to the M7 branch. I'm not going to
rebuild the M7 release candidate for these. It's a lot more work than just
running the Ant build script (e.g. uploading, downloading, checking
digests, decompressing, testing x 3 archive types). We know that these
tests pass and now that they are included in buildAll they will be part of
the next milestone release.

thanks,
John Kaputin

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
12/02/2007 14:50
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Version of latest woden jar

OK I just merged M7 (at revision 506441) into trunk - new revision is
506469. Any subsequent changes to M7 will also need to be merged in.
Then when M7 is done and released I think we should move it from
branches/ to tags/.

I noticed 6 tests which mvn was running which ant buildAll was not.
I'll fix the trunk. John, I can fix the M7 branch too if you like.

Cheers,
Jeremy

On 12/02/07, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 12/02/07, John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't merged the latest changes to the M7 branch into trunk yet. I
can do this later today.  Note, the build.properties file should not be
merged to trunk as it is specific to the M7 release (ie. trunk still
specifies 'SNAPSHOT').

> I'm part way through this already, I'm ok to finish if you like. btw:
> the trunk build.properties [1] *does* specify:
>
> milestone            = 7
> buildType            = M
>
> This shouldn't matter as the SNAPSHOT is published to the maven 1 & 2
> repositories by the mvn running on the ws.zones continuum machine. The
> pom.xml in both branches says 'SNAPSHOT'.
>
> [1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/woden/trunk/java/build.properties

> Cheers,
> Jeremy

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: Version of latest woden jar

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the prompt response. We needed these changes in order to
regenerate the message logs.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Keith,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
I haven't merged the latest changes to the M7 branch into trunk yet.  I
can do this later today.  Note, the build.properties file should not be
merged to trunk as it is specific to the M7 release (ie. trunk still
specifies 'SNAPSHOT').

John Kaputin

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
12/02/2007 10:59
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Version of latest woden jar

Hi Keith,

On 12/02/07, keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With woden-146 fixed I expected to see a build break of Axis2. But still
no
> build break which makes me think whether 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT is
> available on maven repos. Can someone please clarify this. I took a
check
> out of the M7 branch and fixed axis2 to support the change. But i'm
unable
> to commit untill we fix axis to use the latest version of woden.

Only the trunk is being built to create the snapshots, so I guess the
changes to M7 haven't made it into the trunk. I'm not surprised
because John has been flat-out on this. I'll take a look to see what's
diverged and have a go at merging the changes into the trunk. Unless
John gets there first.

The wider question is - should Axis2 depend on M7 or the snapshot.
While the spec is still CR or PR, I think the Axis2 snapshot should
use the Woden snapshot. When Axis2 branches for a new release, Woden
should release a new milestone build. We've managed this recently, but
of course it does depend on there being the right people around to
release Woden. Of course we welcome any assistance in achieving this
:-)

Once the spec is a 'recommendation' I'm hoping shortly afterwards
we'll have a 1.0 of Woden (and have graduated too). Then I feel Axis2
snapshots can depend on an official release of Woden - just as it does
for other dependencies.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Keith,