Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/31 05:47:17 UTC

Secretary workbench: new account email from Secretary

I'd like to consider changing the email we send to folks who send their ICLA in response to an invitation to become a committer. Several times per year, the wrong id is requested and this takes time and effort to fix.

Currently we send a non-specific message that says their account has been requested and we copy the PMC that invited them.

Your account has been requested for you and you should receive email with next steps within the next few days (can take up to a week).

I'd like to include the requested id:

Your account for id <requested-id> has been requested for you and you should receive email with next steps within the next few days (can take up to a week).

This might make it easier to catch typos in the requested id. The typo might be because the id on the form was difficult to read, or the person filing the request simply mis-read the requested id.

In any case, the submitter can tell us that the id is wrong, and this should help fix the typos before infra creates the account.

WDYT?

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Secretary workbench: new account email from Secretary

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/apache/whimsy/tree/master/www/secretary/workbench/templates
has the email templates

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.