Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Turner Kunkel <th...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/17 18:14:04 UTC

Upgrade to 0.20.0

Hello all,
I had 0.18.0 working and recently downloaded 0.20.0 and copied over the
information from .18 where I figured it should go.
However, the HDFS isn't working.  I have JAVA_HOME in hadoop-env.sh set
correctly and I think I have core-site, hdfs-site, and mapred-site correct.
All the SSH connections are fine and I have the masters and slaves files
set.
Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks.
--

-Turner Kunkel

Re: Upgrade to 0.20.0

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Checking NameNode log would help. Mostly likely reason would be that you
didn't give '-upgrade' option to 'start-dfs.sh' script. HDFS forces you
to run with this option when you go to newer versions.

Yes, it is not very kind to innocent users.. but it's been that way
mainly to avoid accidental upgrade or data loss. As the number of users
grows, I think some of these policies will change.

Raghu.

Re: Upgrade to 0.20.0

Posted by Jakob Homan <jh...@yahoo-inc.com>.