Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by multani <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/24 11:42:20 UTC

Why does network connector slow down when there are too many messages in downstream broker?

Hi all,

I set up two activemq servers A, B. Server A will use network connector to
push all messages it receives to server B. The configuration is like this:

        <networkConnectors
xmlns:spring="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans">
                        <spring:bean id="ycaNetworkConnector1">
                <spring:constructor-arg value="conn1" />
                <spring:property name="uri">

<spring:value>static:(tcp://serverB:61616,tcp://serverB-bcp:61616)</spring:value>
                </spring:property>
                <spring:property name="name">
                    <spring:value>conn1</spring:value>
                </spring:property>
                <spring:property name="networkTTL">
                    <spring:value>3</spring:value>
                </spring:property>
        <spring:property name="staticallyIncludedDestinations">
            <spring:list>
                        <spring:bean
class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
                    <spring:constructor-arg value=">"/>
        </spring:bean>

            </spring:list>
        </spring:property>
            </spring:bean>
        </networkConnectors>

This configuration works fine buy when there too many messages in server B.
Messages received by server A pushes messages very slow and messages are
stuck in server A.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it?

Re: Why does network connector slow down when there are too many messages in downstream broker?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
The default configuration will automatically cache messages in memory with
the intention of dispatch until that memory is filled. It will
automatically store to disk when the cache is filled.

Maybe post the config settings for broker A and B

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Why does network connector slow down when there are too many messages in downstream broker?

Posted by multani <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.