Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2007/05/28 17:00:59 UTC

SCXML dialog manager issue

Sometimes i get the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.scxml.SCXMLDialogManager.create(SCXMLDialogManager.java:96)
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.scxml.SCXMLDialogManager.create(SCXMLDialogManager.java:87)
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(DialogNavigationHandler.java:120)

This oocurs while the app is running. The dialog i want to start there
has run before many times.
Sometimes the above is happening, cant find the event which cause this,
maybe session timeout or something, have to prove this.
Looks like a bug, but i dont have any idea what causing this.
The application does not recover from this failure - moving to another
page to restart the dialog does not help, i have to restart the complete
webapp, not the best workaround.

Any ideas?

Torsten

Re: SCXML dialog manager issue

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 5/28/07, Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Sometimes i get the following:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.shale.dialog.scxml.SCXMLDialogManager.create(SCXMLDialogManager.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.shale.dialog.scxml.SCXMLDialogManager.create(SCXMLDialogManager.java:87)
>         at
> org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(DialogNavigationHandler.java:120)

> This oocurs while the app is running. The dialog i want to start there
> has run before many times.
> Sometimes the above is happening, cant find the event which cause this,
> maybe session timeout or something, have to prove this.
> Looks like a bug, but i dont have any idea what causing this.
> The application does not recover from this failure - moving to another
> page to restart the dialog does not help, i have to restart the complete
> webapp, not the best workaround.
>
> Any ideas?

<snip/>

The line in question is retrieving the dialog metadata from a
previously stored application scoped map. At first glance, I'm
uncertain how it is null (it only gets removed at application
undeploy). If you ever get any more details, please ping this thread.

-Rahul