Posted to user@flink.apache.org by syed <ms...@vu.edu.pk> on 2019/06/25 01:14:20 UTC

Building some specific modules in flink

Hi;
I am trying to modify some core functionalities of flink for my through
understanding about flink.  I already build the flink from source, now I am
looking to build only a few modules which I have modified. Is this possible,
or every time I have to build the flink in full (all modules). As it takes
me about 30-35 minutes to build the flink in full.

Specifically, I have modified some classes in *flink-streaming-java* and
*flink-runtime* modules. I am looking to build only these two modules and
integrate these into already build flink (all modules). I alrady tried using
–pl option using mvn, it installs these modules but changes are not updated
in already build binaries.
Please guide me how can I do this.
Kind regards;
syed

Re: Building some specific modules in flink

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
You need to specify flink-dist in -pl. Module flink-dist will build the
flink binary distribution.

syed <ms...@vu.edu.pk> 于2019年6月25日周二 上午9:14写道:

> Hi;
> I am trying to modify some core functionalities of flink for my through
> understanding about flink.  I already build the flink from source, now I am
> looking to build only a few modules which I have modified. Is this
> possible,
> or every time I have to build the flink in full (all modules). As it takes
> me about 30-35 minutes to build the flink in full.
>
> Specifically, I have modified some classes in *flink-streaming-java* and
> *flink-runtime* modules. I am looking to build only these two modules and
> integrate these into already build flink (all modules). I alrady tried
> using
> –pl option using mvn, it installs these modules but changes are not updated
> in already build binaries.
> Please guide me how can I do this.
> Kind regards;
> syed
>

> --
> Sent from:

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Building some specific modules in flink

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi Syed

You could use 'mvn clean package -pl :flink-streaming-java_2.11 -DskipTests -am' to build flink-streaming-java and flink-runtime modules. If the 'already built binary' means the flink-dist-*.jar package, the former mvn command would not update the dist jar package. As far as I know, a quick solution is using `jar uf` [1] command to update the dist jar package with your changed classes. Otherwise, you need to build flink-dist module from scratch.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/update.html

Best
Yun Tang