Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Todd Patrick <To...@dtn.com> on 2006/06/27 18:04:39 UTC

Tree2: When using server side toggling. How do I display the "plus" and "minus" navigation icons even if I don't know if there are children.

Tree2: When using server side toggling. How do I display the "plus" and
"minus" navigation icons initially - even if I don't know if there are
children.

I know this may sound like an odd request, the purpose is when I build a
tree, I'd like the "plus" navigation icon displayed initially - without
clicking on the icon.

Right now, all I have is the folder with no "plus" navigation icon and I
have to click on the folder to display the "plus" navigation icon THEN
click on the "plus" navigation icon to expand the tree. (I believe I
have one step too many...)

Over at:

http://www.irian.at/myfaces/tree2.jsf

The Tree2 w/server-side toggle has the icon initially, but how???

I have the following right now:

<t:tree2
    id="transactionTree"
    value="#{tbrowser.transactionTreeModel}"
    var="node"
    varNodeToggler="t"
    showRootNode="false"
    clientSideToggle="false"
    preserveToggle="true"
    showLines="true"
    showNav="true">
    <f:facet name="transact-index">
        <h:panelGroup>
            <f:facet name="expand">
                <t:graphicImage value="resources/yellow-folder-open.png"
rendered="#{t.nodeExpanded}" border="0"/>
            </f:facet>
            <f:facet name="collapse">
                <t:graphicImage
value="resources/yellow-folder-closed.png" rendered="#{!t.nodeExpanded}"
border="0"/>
            </f:facet>
            <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"
styleClass="NodeFolder"/>
        </h:panelGroup>
    </f:facet>
    <f:facet name="transactions">
        <h:panelGroup>
            <t:commandLink immediate="true"
actionListener="#{tbrowser.expandTransaction}">
                <t:updateActionListener
property="#{tbrowser.transactid}" value="#{node.identifier}" />
                <t:graphicImage value="resources/yellow-folder-open.png"
rendered="#{t.nodeExpanded}" border="0"/>
                <t:graphicImage
value="resources/yellow-folder-closed.png" rendered="#{!t.nodeExpanded}"
border="0"/>
                <h:outputText styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected ?
'Documentselected':'Document'}" value="#{node.description}"/>
            </t:commandLink>
        </h:panelGroup>
    </f:facet>
</t:tree2>

I'd appreciate any suggestions or thoughts on how to solve this.

Thanks,

--Todd

Re: Tree2: When using server side toggling. How do I display the "plus" and "minus" navigation icons even if I don't know if there are children.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Okay, it is posted.

Blog:
http://andrewfacelets.blogspot.com/2006/06/myfaces-tree2-creating-lazy-loading.html