Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2020/09/03 06:43:14 UTC

Re: HadoopOutputFormat has issues with LocalExecutionEnvironment?

Hi Ken,

sorry for the late reply. This could be a bug in Flink. Does the issue also
occur on Flink 1.11?
Have you set a breakpoint in the HadoopOutputFormat.finalizeGlobal() when
running locally to validate that this method doesn't get called?

What do you mean by "algorithm version 2"? Where can you set this? (Sorry
for the question, I'm not an expert with Hadoop's FileOutputCommitter)

Note to others: There's a related discussion here:

Best,
Robert

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi Robert,

I haven’t tried yet with 1.11, on my list.

I’ll be spending time on this tomorrow, so hopefully more results.

As for setting the algorithm version 2, I do it in code like this:

        Job job = Job.getInstance();
        job.getConfiguration().set("io.serializations", "cascading.tuple.hadoop.TupleSerialization");
        job.setOutputKeyClass(Tuple.class);
        job.setOutputValueClass(Tuple.class);

        // So that the FileOutputCommitter used by HadoopOutputFormat will put the resulting file(s)
        // at the top level of the directory, so Flink's rename logic will work properly, without
        // needing to have FinalizeOnMaster support.
        job.getConfiguration().setInt(FileOutputCommitter.FILEOUTPUTCOMMITTER_ALGORITHM_VERSION, 2);

        SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(_parentDir, bucket));

        HadoopOutputFormat<Tuple, Tuple> result = new HadoopOutputFormat<Tuple, Tuple>(
                new SequenceFileOutputFormat<Tuple, Tuple>(), job);

See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4815 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4815>

— Ken