Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tommaso Nuccio <to...@fwctc.com> on 2005/12/19 10:06:36 UTC

Database switch resulting errors

Hi all,

I got everything working so fine, but I was forced to switch to another DBMS,
MSSQL 2000. I did the porting and everything and the portal works fine.
But when I try to add a new user or when I try to add a portlet, while the
portal is online, it doesn't work. The weird thing though is that I don't even
get an error message.

Did anyone encounter this problem? Or is it a common problem?
Where should I investigate to find the error?

Many thank in advance.

Ciao,
  Tommaso

Re: Database switch resulting errors

Posted by Tommaso Nuccio <to...@fwctc.com>.

> Tommaso,
>
> Check the logs in the jetspeed webapp: jetespeed/logs/*.log.
> HTH,
> Randy

Hi,

thanks. I got it working.
A Re-Deploy did the trick.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Tommaso,

Check the logs in the jetspeed webapp: jetespeed/logs/*.log.

Also, check to see if the insert/update statements are making their way
into the DB by monitoring the DB itself. I am not an expert on MSSQL,
but I know there is a way to do it with admin rights.

HTH,

Randy