Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com> on 2008/10/28 23:40:35 UTC

Basic Auth POST Sent Twice

I am using AXIS2/C 1.5.0 with ADB stubs generated by AXIS2/Java 1.4.1.
I have the whttp:defaultMethod in my WSDL file binding set to POST which
I verified is being used from tcpdump captures.  But, I also noticed
that the POST messages, which are not supposed to be interpreted as safe
are always being sent twice.  This is with Basic authentication.  Is
there a way to get POST messages with Basic authentication to only be
sent once?

Thanks,

-David K. Taylor

Re: Basic Auth POST Sent Twice

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
The reason it sends two requests is because the client is not sure which
auth mechanism to use (Basic/Digest). It sends the request without Auth data
and determines the requested auth type, looking at the response.

If you configure the server to force Basic Auth, request will only be sent
once. Please refer to the Axis2/C manual [1] section 16.

HTH,
Dumindu.

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#http_auth