Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Javent GmbH <in...@javent.com> on 2001/09/02 20:13:30 UTC

database action descriptor generator

Hi,
I would like to have a generator, that automatically creates a database
descriptor file and a form validation descriptor file.

Is this work in progress? If not, then I would like to write such a tool
and contribute it to the Cocoon community. I am still a beginner with
Cocoon and even with Java but I think that this little tool would be
helpful and a good lesson for me to improve my knowledges.

My first idea is to use the methods of DatabaseMetadata to get the table
names, column names and data types and then write them to a descriptor
file using JDOM. All this could be contained in an XSP. This way, one
could quickly generate a template database and form validation
descriptor file, even for databases consisting of hundreds of tables.

Do you think, that such a generator is a good idea? Is somebody already
working on such stuff? What about my ideas regarding the implementation?

I appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,
Mario Muja

Re: database action descriptor generator

Posted by Javent GmbH <in...@javent.com>.
Which script to you mean? I only found a link to download the Cimande
WAR. Cimande is based on C1. I am only working with C2.

Mario

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Do you try my script at blueoxygen.linuxindonesia.com

the cimande project.