Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Rennoldson <ri...@lpa.com> on 2000/06/01 14:36:50 UTC

FOP uses too much memory

We are using FOP to create reports in PDF format from an inventory planning system we are
developing.  The reports can be pretty large (8 mb fo document reached in early testing),
and we run out of memory running FOP on the fo file.  We increased the maximum memory
allotted to the JVM to 200 mb, and still run out of memory.  Am I doing something wrong?
Does FOP absolutely need to load the entire document into memory at once?  Any help would
be appreciated, as I think that I will be prohibited from using this technology until it
is less memory intensive.

Thanks,

Rick
--
Rick Rennoldson
Systems Consultant

Re: FOP uses too much memory

Posted by Hani Elabed <ha...@elabed.net>.
Rick,

Your observations are correct. We ran into the
same problems at the Wisconsin Supreme Court.