Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Ward <nr...@cox.net> on 2003/08/08 04:27:49 UTC

Can I get an answer please -- Re: Why integrate Tomcat with a web server?

Hello John,

I hate to be pushy, but are you going to post a reply to this question at some point?

   Nathan
Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Agreed.

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Agreed.

John

Posted by Nathan Ward <nr...@cox.net>.
True, but I don't have much static content and the Apache Tomcat Security
book is not making that point. I'm trying to determine whether or not it is
better to have a web server in front of Tomcat under Windows for security
reasons. The book seems to say that but it clearly describe why this
provides better security when running Tomcat under Windows.

   Nathan

Posted by Rick Roberts <te...@ait-web.com>.

Nathan Ward wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> I hate to be pushy, but are you going to post a reply to this question at some point?
>
>    Nathan

* Rick Roberts                            *
* Advanced Information Technologies, Inc. *
* http://www.ait-web.com                  *

Re: Can I get an answer please -- Re: Why integrate Tomcat with a web server?

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Answered on 08/05/2003, 11:00 AM Eastern.

If you want to address me, I suggest putting something in the subject
line or sending me a message off-list.

A subject line of "why integrate with a web server" is a FAQ that I
would normally ignore.

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
That's cool, I was referring more to the second message about being
"pushy".  ;)

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.