Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Czech <er...@nextbigsound.com> on 2011/09/01 06:38:02 UTC

Unable to link C library (for jna.jar) on 0.7.5

Hi everybody,

I'm running cassandra 0.7.5 on about 20 RHEL 5 (24 GB RAM) machines and I'm
having issues with snapshots, json sstable conversions, and various nodetool
commands due to memory errors and the lack of the native access C libraries.
 I tried putting jna.jar on the classpath but I'm still seeing warnings in
the log files like "CLibrary.java (line 65) Unable to link C library. Native
methods will be disabled.".  Based on this warning, It looks like the .jar
file is actually on the classpath but the native access libraries still
aren't being used.

Does anyone know why I might be seeing this?  It's not a huge detriment to
our day-to-day operations but our backup strategy and BI strategy is largely
dependent on the ability to reliably create snapshots and make json
conversions so this is a big roadblock at the moment.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thank you!

RE: Unable to link C library (for jna.jar) on 0.7.5

Posted by Dan Hendry <da...@gmail.com>.
Have you installed 'jna'? On RHEL (6 at least) it should be possible using
the default yum repos. You need the native code and the JAR in Cassandras
classpath from what I understand.

Dan

Is there some other version or distribution of jna that I should be using?
The version I have is 3.3.0.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Eric Czech <er...@nextbigsound.com> wrote:
> I'm running cassandra 0.7.5 on about 20 RHEL 5 (24 GB RAM) machines and
I'm
> having issues with snapshots, json sstable conversions, and various
nodetool
> commands due to memory errors and the lack of the native access C
libraries.
>  I tried putting jna.jar on the classpath but I'm still seeing warnings in
> the log files like "CLibrary.java (line 65) Unable to link C library.
Native
> methods will be disabled.".  Based on this warning, It looks like the .jar
> file is actually on the classpath but the native access libraries still
> aren't being used.

Where did you get this jar?  My guess is that the native code in that
jar isn't compatible with your system.

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu

02:34:00

Re: Unable to link C library (for jna.jar) on 0.7.5

Posted by Eric Czech <er...@nextbigsound.com>.
Thank you guys.

I installed jna using yum and then put jna.jar on the classpath and
everything seems fine.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com>.

Posted by Eric Czech <er...@nextbigsound.com>.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com>.