Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Evan Yang <EY...@digitalboardwalk.com> on 2000/11/30 02:20:33 UTC

Recursive build

How do I setup recursive build down to the directory.
ex. in upper build dir A, there are 2 sub components : B and C.
The build,xml in A has 2 targets, buildA and buildB, which will cd to lower
directories and start the ant build in either one.
Then there are build.xml in the A and B to handle the actual build task.

How exactly the syntax for the upper build.xml ?

Evan Yang
Software Architect
Digital Boardwalk
tel. (310) 899-6888 x286
fax (310) 899-6950

Re: Recursive build

Posted by Stefan Schmitt <ss...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
IMHO you should use the <ant> task in the upper directory. This will look
like the following XMl code. I wrote it directly in the mail so I didn`t
check the syntax.

<project name="MyProj" default="build" basedir=".">
    <property name="subdirB" value="subB"/>
    <property name="subdirC" value="subC"/>
    <target name="build" depends="buildB,buildC"/>
    <target name="buildB">
        <ant antfile="${subdirB}/build.xml" dir="${subdirB}"/>
    </target>
    <target name="buildC">
        <ant antfile="${subdirC}/build.xml" dir="${subdirC}"/>
    </target>
</project>

For aditional questions about the syntax of Ant take a look at the online
user manual at http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/jakarta-ant/docs/

Yours
Stefan S

Re: Recursive build

Posted by Michael van Leeuwen <le...@dsdelft.nl>.
I've been busy this day to create a Configure task for Ant.
This supports (generating buildfiles for) recursive builds,
including the possibility to put the classes in a separate
tree.

It seems to work very nice at the moment, but I did no
thorough testing yet (I just finished it).

I think you are looking for this new task. I'll send it to you
tomorrow. Others is on request, since it is still not tested
enough.

Michael.
[michael@hotcompany.nl] http://www.hotobjects.com