Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Felix Wang <fe...@outlook.com> on 2014/05/28 07:40:12 UTC

Access Phoenix in C#/.NET?

Dear all,

We are evaluating Phoenix as our new way to access data in HBase.

The problem we are facing now is that, seems like Phoenix only supports JDBC
interface but our whole project is based on C#/.NET.

So what is the best way to use Phoenix in C#/.NET currently?

We investigated following ways but thought they are not optimal.

*         ODBC-JDBC bridge (No free implementation? Stability?)

*         JNI/IKVM (Stability? Versioning? No easy way to convert client jar
to C# library?)

And does Phoenix project plan to support interfaces other than JDBC in
future release?

Really appreciate if someone can give us some suggestions on this.

Regards,

-Felix Wang