Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/03 10:55:31 UTC

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Hi guys,

any news on this? If there are pending tickets that are blocking the release I could try to help to resolve them.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Paul King <pa...@gmail.com>.
Yes Jörg, I'll keep that in mind.

Cheers,Paul.

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@swisspost.com>.
Hi Paul,

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote

> I would appreciate feedback for the RC from the Groovy project.

Thanks for your work on progressing the 1.3 release Benedikt. We have built
Groovy using the RC-1 candidate jar and the build and all tests succeed.
This is already a huge step forward for us. Thanks! (And thanks Pascal for
doing the checking).

Having said that, I should also give you a little bit more context.
We forked our own version of PosixParser in late 2012. Our version has some
of the bug fixes from 1.3 and some of our own bug fixes. So the current
build
is still using that class and that in turn refers to a bunch of the classes
which
were deprecated in CLI 1.3.

We have a bunch of open Groovy JIRA issues related to CLI 1.2 bugs.
We'll have to check them individually to see whether we can close off any
with CLI 1.3 in place. I suspect some might remain because of our use
of our forked class at present.

We'll certainly have a bunch more feedback when we try to deprecate our
forked class and migrate ourselves across to the DefaultParser which we'll
do over the coming months once CLI 1.3 is out.

At least with a 1.3 out we'll be in a much better position to iteratively
move
across and also give you timely and relevant feedback for any issues that
we find.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Jacopo,

> On May 3, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Sounds good to me. Go for it!
>
> I have attached a patch for one (but will resolve two) of the issues in
> the list:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI-179
>
> I am not sure if it is the right direction but this is what I could do
> today, so I am sharing it; if someone could provide some feedback I would
> really appreciate it.

Thank you, I'll have a look.

Following the advice on the Groovy ML, I've looked through the open issues
and they all looked like they could be postponed to 1.4. So I moved them to
1.4 an started a release vote for 1.3 [1].

I would appreciate feedback for the RC from the Groovy project.

Thank you!

Benedikt

[1] http://markmail.org/message/bhp2c2l7mmk7dksq

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> On May 3, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jacopo,
> >
> > I was expecting you! ;-)
>
> Hi Benedikt,
>
> I just saw your email after I have sent mine! But yeah, it seems we are on
> the same page :-)
> Thanks for the information: I will review the list of pending items and if
> there is anything I could help with I will provide a PR: I know that I
> could commit code directly but I would feel more confident if a
> review/commit of my contribution is performed by someone more skilled than
> me on the CLI codebase.

Sounds good to me. Go for it!

Re: [CLI] Release 1.3

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.