Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/05/09 06:55:14 UTC

Struts 1.0-beta-2 Release

Hey folks,

As you've probably noticed from the CVS commits, I have knocked off a lot
of the bugs reported in our bug tracking system:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

for Struts.  I would like to publish a Beta 2 release this Friday, May 11,
2001 -- and if all goes well a final release prior to JavaOne.  Please
help by focusing on identifying remaining bugs so we can squash them.

My current thoughts on the outstanding issues in Bugzilla:

* Multiple Controllers / Web App - I've thought a lot about this one,
  and there's no easy way to handle all possible scenarios without a
  pretty major internal overhaul.  Therefore, I'd like to defer this
  feature to a 1.1 timeframe.

* File Upload Issues - There are several outstanding bug reports related
  to form handling and file upload reports.  These need to be looked at
  prior to Beta 2.

* RequestUtils.absoluteURL() - Need to resolve this problem (#1356).

* Miscellaneous enhancement requests - For the most part, I will prefer
  to defer these to 1.1 so we can get 1.0 out the door.  Such enhancement
  requests will be resolved with a status of LATER so that we can find
  them again easily.

* PropertyUtils (#1200) - I have resolved this issue (using the patch
  that was supplied) in the jakarta-commons version of PropertyUtils, and
  need to port those changes (along with some Digester bug fixes) back
  into the Struts 1.0 version.  NOTE:  After Struts 1.0, we will be
  switching to using the jakarta-commons versions of these classes, but
  they have compatible calling sequences - the only change that will be
  required will be the import statements.

If you have issues that are not included above (perhaps because they were
posted on a mailing list instead of into Bugzilla), please create an
appropriate bug report or enhancement request.  If you think that one or
more of the issues listed above should be handled differently, please say
so here so we can talk about it.

Looking forward to getting 1.0 out the door soon ...

Craig