Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/16 19:28:58 UTC

Uploading PIP for 0.1.0 release

Hi Chip,

Could you please handle the upload of the PIP install artifacts and
document how to handle that for next releases.

After that, I think we can send the announce e-mail.

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Uploading PIP for 0.1.0 release

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Either the name or the version should have incubating in it. In most cases,
most projects usually use incubating in the version to keep the name the
same after graduation.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Copying Airflow would not be ideal.

-- Hitesh

Posted by Marius van Niekerk <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
regards
Marius van Niekerk

Re: Uploading PIP for 0.1.0 release

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you.

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> I've gotten mixed messages regarding where the pip artifacts should go.
> Originally, we were going to publish them on https://pypi.python.org/pypi (which
> we were previously doing for dev snapshots), but there has been some issues
> with hosting externally from Apache? Is that still the case? Can we host
> official releases on Pypi?

Official releases are ok to go there.

> If not, we can just indicate that they install via `pip install
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/toree/0.1.0-
> incubating/toree-pip/apache-toree-0.1.0.tar.gz` or whatever the command
> is that Gino was mentioning.
>
> If we want and are allowed to publish on Pypi, I'll do that soon. Just let
> me know.

Yes, please.

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.
I've gotten mixed messages regarding where the pip artifacts should go.
Originally, we were going to publish them on
https://pypi.python.org/pypi (which
we were previously doing for dev snapshots), but there has been some issues
with hosting externally from Apache? Is that still the case? Can we host
official releases on Pypi? If not, we can just indicate that they install
via `pip install