Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Helgard van Rensburg <he...@netronome.com> on 2016/02/25 12:35:16 UTC

Compiling C++ libs for use with MinGW64 in Windows

Having problems compiling the C++ libs for MinGW64.

Followed the web instructions for building the libs with the 0.9.3
release tarball, am I correct that these instruction are out of date
since I ran into issue like the -mno_cygwin flag is unrecognised etc .
With fiddling eventually ran into compile problem due to lack of tr1
support for cxx_functional.h.

Went through the mailing lists seems that were fixes checked in early
Jan 2016 so switch over to the Git Repo.  There found a syntax issue in
the configure scripts, seeing as there is a move over to cmake tried
using cmake as well following instructions in the Readme file.  It seems
the cmake config has only been setup for the Linux MinGW64 cross compiler.

So my question can it done and if so how?

Thanks for any assistance.

*Helgard van Rensburg*
/Developer/

*Netronome* | 1st Floor, Unit 103 Howard Terraces, C/O Forest & Howard
Drive, Pinelands, 7405
www.netronome.com <http://www.netronome.com>
Signature

Re: Compiling C++ libs for use with MinGW64 in Windows

Posted by Aki Sukegawa <ns...@apache.org>.
You don't need the toolchain file for Windows MinGW because it's not cross
compile.
It should build fine at least with -DWITH_BOOSTTHREADS.