Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net> on 2005/12/08 20:16:44 UTC

WADI integration

I see that WADI has recently been integrated into Geronimo.
Great Job!!!

Can someone please provide a quick high level description of what
is/isn't available from WADI in Geronimo v1?

Tomcat clustering
Jetty clustering
Load Balancing
HttpSession failover
-file based
-database
-mem to mem (one to all)
-mem to mem (one to one/several)
-distributed cache
Sticky Session
Cluster membership (manual, auto-discovery)
Centralized/independent mgmt
Deployment (independent, centralized, farming)
Anything above Web Tier clustering?

Thanks
-Dave-

Re: WADI integration

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.
Jan,

Thanks for the detailed info!  Would you know how to tie the
httpsession's to a particular persistence/replication type?
Is this setup independent of WADI or is it tied directly to the WADI
config?
IIRC, straight Tomcat clustering is setup via the Cluster and
ReplicationValve settings in server.xml.  Is there a similar concept for
  WADI?

-Dave-

Re: WADI integration

Posted by Jan Bartel <ja...@mortbay.com>.
Dave,

Re: WADI integration

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.
Jeff/Jules,

Re: WADI integration

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
Jeff Genender wrote:

> [...]

>> Anything above Web Tier clustering?

Yes. We have started our OpenEJB SFSB integration. SFSBs, in clustering
terms, behave very similarly to HttpSessions. Gianny Damour is working
on this. It won't be in Geronimo-1.0, but we hope that it is not too far
away. We are also looking at application-server level abstractions, such
as User and Application level sessions, which will allow Geronimo to
maintain the colocation of all resources related to a user or a
user/application interaction. The POJO stuff discussed above will give
us application space capability. Then we are left with things like
farmed deployment etc, that you have also mentioned.

>> Thanks
>> -Dave-

Hope that helps, Dave.

If you are at ApacheCon, I shall be around from monday til thursday -

crystallises out around it."

/**********************************
 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner
 * Core Developers Network (Europe)
 *
 *    www.coredevelopers.net
 *
 * Open Source Training & Support.
 **********************************/

Re: WADI integration

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Dave,

Thanks for noticing ;-)

Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> I see that WADI has recently been integrated into Geronimo.
> Great Job!!!
>
> Can someone please provide a quick high level description of what
> is/isn't available from WADI in Geronimo v1?
>
> Tomcat clustering

Yes

> Jetty clustering

Yes