Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by CO...@web.de on 2009/06/21 14:50:00 UTC

t:inputDate usage effecting performance?

Hello,
I'm using MyFaces 1.2.6 and Tomahawk 1.1.8. As I wanted to be able to choose a date in my web application, I decided to use t:inputDate as shown:

<t:inputDate id="mydate" value="#{testHandler.mydate}" popupCalendar="true" />

testHandler is the name of my managed bean, that simply contains a date and some other stuff. mydate is of type java.util.Date.

Although this works, the usage of t:inputDate slows down the first access to the page containing the element significantly. After the page was loaded the first time subsequent accesses to the page are fast. But the first time I access it, it usually takes some seconds to load the page (and it only contains this element for testing purposes). My other pages do not contain any Tomahawk-elements. There are no comparable problems with these pages.

If I remove t:inputDate from the page everything works fine and every access is fast. Is there any reason for this?

Can this be a problem caused by "wrong" settings in my web.xml?Right now my web.xml contains the usual stuff like the information concerning the extension filter. Moreover I use STATE_SAVING_METHOD = server.

Thanks in advance.

Tom