Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Collins Anthony J (DTI)" <An...@state.de.us> on 2004/04/20 17:59:58 UTC

Configuring smtp authentication

	I am unable to require a valid userid/password when sending an
email to James....  I read the on-line instructions with no success.
Below is part of config.xml.  Any thoughts?

	I have created an account in James, I turned on authRequired, I
send an invalid account to the James server and it still is processed by
my root processor, which is a custom piece of code.  I thought that a
piece of code 'apart' from the processor code would handle the smtp
authentication.

<smtpserver enabled="true">
      <!-- port 25 is the well-known/IANA registered port for SMTP -->
      <port>2525</port>

      <!-- Uncomment this if you want to bind to a specific inetaddress
-->
      <!--
      <bind>172.16.8.70</bind>
      -->
      <!-- Uncomment this if you want to use TLS (SSL) on this port -->
      <!--
      <useTLS>true</useTLS>
      -->

      <handler>
         <!-- This is the name used by the server to identify itself in
the SMTP -->
         <!-- protocol.  If autodetect is TRUE, the server will discover
its -->
         <!-- own host name and use that in the protocol.  If discovery
fails, -->
         <!-- the value of 'localhost' is used.  If autodetect is FALSE,
James -->
         <!-- will use the specified value. -->
         <helloName autodetect="false">crisfield.state.de.us</helloName>
         <connectiontimeout>360000</connectiontimeout>

         <!--  Uncomment this if you want to require SMTP
authentication. -->

         <authRequired>true</authRequired>

         <!--  Uncomment this if you want to verify sender addresses,
ensuring that -->
         <!--  the sender address matches the user who has
authenticated. -->
         <!--  This prevents a user of your mail server from acting as
someone else -->

         <verifyIdentity>true</verifyIdentity>

         <!--  This sets the maximum allowed message size (in kilobytes)
for this -->
         <!--  SMTP service. If unspecified, the value defaults to 0,
which means no limit.  -->
         <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize>
      </handler>
   </smtpserver>

processor name="root">
         <!-- Send remaining mails to the transport processor for either
local or remote  delivery -->
         <mailet match="All" class="MailToMQMover">
         </mailet>
      </processor>