Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gordon Luk <go...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2002/03/12 08:41:27 UTC

Which first ?

Hi all,

I want to ask it, in jsp code. we have 1.) html, 2.) java, 3.) taglib. I
want to know is, when jsp engine compile the file, which one first to
compile ? and then next...

mostly, i use java generate the html/javascript code, could i use java
generate tablib ? like tag <bean:message>..etc..

Gordon

Re: Which first ?

Posted by Louis Leung <lo...@sun.com>.
well, obviously the html will be the last thing that gets out.  the tags are
really just java classes defined using the tld, so i assume it is just like
compiling many classes and you are asking which class gets compiled first.  If
you are using tomcat, you can look at the work folder in the tomcat root
directory and check out the java source code that tomcat punch out for you for
your jsp pages.

and i don't think you can have java to generate tags