Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/09 20:15:55 UTC

Re: JAX-RS NoSuchMethodError with 2.7.5 on WebLogic Server

I have spent multiple days on this and just cannot get this basic example to
work with anything CXF 2.5 or greater.  If I remove the jaxb/json providers
and comment out cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers and change CXF to 2.4.10, it
runs perfectly on WLS 12.

The following are the only dependencies.

  <properties>
	<spring.version>3.2.3.RELEASE</spring.version>
	<cxf.version>2.7.5</cxf.version>
  </properties>

  <dependencies>

	<dependency>
	    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
	    <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
	    <version>${spring.version}</version>
	</dependency>

	<dependency>
	    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
	    <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs</artifactId>
	    <version>${cxf.version}</version>
	</dependency>

	<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers</artifactId>
        <version>${cxf.version}</version>
	</dependency>

	<dependency>
    	<artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
    	<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
	    <version>${cxf.version}</version>
	</dependency>

	<dependency>
		<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
		<artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
		<version>2.5</version>
		<scope>provided</scope>
	</dependency>

  </dependencies>

So I attempted to get this running on Tomcat with the latest Spring and CXF.
If I add the configuration for the json and jaxb providers and then include
the following Jettison Dependency, the war works perfectly on Tomcat.

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.codehaus.jettison</groupId>
	<artifactId>jettison</artifactId>
	<version>1.3.4</version>
</dependency>

If I now deploy this war onto WLS with jettison, then the XML interaction
works within my ReST service, but the JSON does not.

So if I hit a url that returns XML, it is now working.

But if I hit a url with a JSON response, I am still getting this error
(which at least centralizes the issue around the JSON Provider)...again,
this works without issue in Tomcat.

<Jul 9, 2013 11:01:21 AM PDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017>
<[ServletContext@23433699[app:cxf-rest module:cxf-rest.war path:null
spec-version:3.0]] Root cause of ServletException.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.ws.rs.ServerErrorException.validate(Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response;Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response$Status$Family;)Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response;
	at javax.ws.rs.ServerErrorException.<init>(ServerErrorException.java:101)
	at
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException.<init>(InternalServerErrorException.java:80)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.handleWriteException(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:385)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.serializeMessage(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:305)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.processResponse(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:154)
	Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

The even more interesting part of this is if I remove the jsonProvider
configuration and redeploy the war, the first time I hit the url for the
JSON Response, it works, but every subsequent time throws this same
exception.

Re: JAX-RS NoSuchMethodError with 2.7.5 on WebLogic Server

Posted by sebastianz93 <se...@hotmail.com>.
Excellent, I also work for me

Re: JAX-RS NoSuchMethodError with 2.7.5 on WebLogic Server

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I will try that as my next attempt.

I did quickly try switching the provider to the

<jaxrs:providers>
   <bean class="org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider"/>
</jaxrs:providers>

provided in the CXF documentation and this works in WLS 12 for JSON.

Re: JAX-RS NoSuchMethodError with 2.7.5 on WebLogic Server

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 09/07/13 19:15, jaybytez wrote:
> [...]
> 	at javax.ws.rs.ServerErrorException.<init>(ServerErrorException.java:101)
> 	at
> javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException.<init>(InternalServerErrorException.java:80)
> 	at
> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.handleWriteException(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:385)
> 	at
> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.serializeMessage(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:305)
> 	at
> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSOutInterceptor.processResponse(JAXRSOutInterceptor.java:154)
> 	Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
>
> The even more interesting part of this is if I remove the jsonProvider
> configuration and redeploy the war, the first time I hit the url for the
> JSON Response, it works, but every subsequent time throws this same

It looks like it is something to do with loading this JSONProvider in
WebLogic - if you say it actually works under certain conditions then it
does work.

How about this: register you custom provider which extends CXF
JSONProvider, what would happen in this case ?

Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/