Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Robert Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io> on 2018/05/04 21:33:55 UTC

Apache MADlib Community Call on Thursday, May 10

 Please join us for the Apache MADlib Community Call on Thursday, May 10,
at 1100 PDT / 1800 GMT.  We'll discuss and demonstrate some of the new
features in release 1.14

Webinar link:  https://pivotal.zoom.us/j/994236734

New features:
* Balanced datasets - sampling algorithm to balance classification datasets
by resampling using various techniques including undersampling,
oversampling, uniform sampling or user-defined proportion sampling
* Personalized PageRank - new variant of PageRank graph algorithm which is
better for personalization
* Mini-batch optimizer for multilayer perceptron neural networks (and
associated pre-processor function) - faster convergence, more accurate
* PostgreSQL 10.2 support

Improvements:
* K-nearest neighbors - Added weighted averaging/voting by distance.
* Summary - Added more statistics including number of positive, negative,
zero values and 95% confidence intervals.
* Multilayer perceptron - Added support for one-hot encoded categorical
dependent variable for classification.
* Lotsa bug fixes

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/madlib/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES

Available now on PivNet.

Thanks to the advanced analytics team for another great release!

Bob Glithero | Data Product Marketing
Pivotal, Inc.
rglithero@pivotal.io | m: 415.483.5220

Re: Apache MADlib Community Call on Thursday, May 10

Posted by Robert Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.
 Reminder -  please join us for the Apache MADlib Community Call on

Posted by Robert Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Robert Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Robert Glithero <rg...@pivotal.io>.