Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Chris Allen <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/09 22:11:39 UTC

Feature request (get ports and sockets being used)

Hi,

Luke Hubbard was just mentioning to me that we (Red5 project
http://osflash.org/red5 ) could use a feature from MINA that it
currently doesn't have. What we want is to be able to list the sockets
and ports we are binding to and list the handlers attached to them. We
currently can set this up in Spring, but there is no way to inspect it
and actually verify that these ports are actually being used by MINA.

Do you guys have any plans to implement some kind of utility like this
into a future version of MINA? It's not critical to us, but quite
simply a really nice to have.

Thanks as always for your hard work on MINA; Red5 would not be as far
along as it is without it.

-Chris

Re: Feature request (get ports and sockets being used)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/12/06, Chris Allen <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sounds like a very good idea! We definitely need this feature and need
> > integrate this information into JMX.  Could you please post this idea to
> > JIRA so we can track it?
>
> I just created the issue in jira:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-205
> Sorry that it took a little while to get to it.

No problem! :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Feature request (get ports and sockets being used)

Posted by Chris Allen <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

On 4/10/06, Chris Allen <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Luke Hubbard was just mentioning to me that we (Red5 project
> http://osflash.org/red5 ) could use a feature from MINA that it
> currently doesn't have. What we want is to be able to list the sockets
> and ports we are binding to and list the handlers attached to them. We
> currently can set this up in Spring, but there is no way to inspect it
> and actually verify that these ports are actually being used by MINA.
>
> Do you guys have any plans to implement some kind of utility like this
> into a future version of MINA? It's not critical to us, but quite
> simply a really nice to have.

Sounds like a very good idea! We definitely need this feature and need to
integrate this information into JMX.  Could you please post this idea to
JIRA so we can track it?

Thanks as always for your hard work on MINA; Red5 would not be as far
> along as it is without it.

I'm very happy that your team is enjoying MINA, and thank you for your
feedback as always. :D

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/