Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/06/15 15:17:38 UTC

RE: tomcat work with mozilla but not with IE

I had installed Tomcat as a stand-alone servlet container!
I can start tomcat with the startup- script!
When I try to access http://localhost:8080/index.html
the Internet Explorer can't locate the site!
With the mozilla- Browser all looks pretty fine!!!

=======================================

If your machine has a network IP address you may try using that( i.e.
http://10.0.0.5:8080/ ) or otherwise try the loopback device
http://127.0.0.1:8080 to verify it is a IE network config issue.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com

RE: tomcat work with mozilla but not with IE

Posted by Christoph Brunner <Ch...@student-zw.fh-kl.de>.
I try it with http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.html
and it works ;-)

Thank you all