Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca> on 2008/12/18 21:59:42 UTC

tomcat native 1.1.15 or 1.1.16?

Hi there,

I was trying to download tomcat native and saw that 1.1.15 was promoted as
the recent release. I do remember seeing a vote for 1.1.16 [1] which never
made it to release [2] (or did it)?

I'm perfectly willing to try 1.1.16 but:

1) where are the sources for 1.1.15? All the links from
    http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi pointing to 1.1.15 are
    404.

2) In addition,
    http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/ is showing
    only a subdirectory 1.1.16 and no PGP or MD5 files.

3) I was able to find 1.1.15 at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/

4) README.html in
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/
shows "Current release version is 1.1.16"

Just thought I'd let someone know.

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Releasing-Apache-Tomcat-Native-1.1.16-td20287714.html
[2]
http://www.nabble.com/-RESULT---VOTE--Releasing-Apache-Tomcat-Native-1.1.16-td20483235.html

--
Haroon Rafique
<ha...@utoronto.ca>

Re: tomcat native 1.1.15 or 1.1.16?

Posted by Lorenz Breu <br...@hot-shot.com>.
i was just going to ask a similar set of questions:

a) when will the release you guys voted for actually happen?
b) have the typos in been fixed ("Mulicast" instead of "Multicast"
somewhere in the c-code and "recvFrom" in the java code vs. "recvfrom"
in the c code or vice-versa)?
c) will the new release also be available fro the maven central repo in
order to build mina and related projects that rely on tomcat-native?

regards,
lorenz