Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bhamani, Nizar A TL56E" <Ni...@ace-ina.com> on 2002/10/14 18:03:04 UTC

Validator XML error in logs

I have setup my struts application to use the StrutsValidator Plugin.

As directed, the validator-rules.xml file looks something like :
---

<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
      "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Validation Configuration
1.1//EN"
      "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/validation_1_1.dtd">

<form-validation>
	<global> .......
           </global>
          <formset> ............
          </formset>
</form-validation>
---

When I start my TomCat 4.1.12, I see the following error message in the log
:
---
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.actio
n.ActionResources', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='ApplicationResources',
returnNull=true
[INFO] ValidatorPlugIn - -Loading validation rules file from
'/WEB-INF/validator
-rules.xml'
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "definition", must
match DO
CTYPE root "null".
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.xml.sax.SAXException.<init>(SAXException.java:78)
        at org.xml.sax.SAXParseException.<init>(SAXParseException.java:147)
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Er
rorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.
---

Can somebody let me know what I need to do to avoid this.

Thanks,
Nizar Bhamani

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and also may be privileged.
If you are not the named recipient, or have otherwise received this
communication in error, please delete it from your inbox, notify the sender
immediately, and do not disclose its contents to any other person,
use them for any purpose, or store or copy them in any medium.
Thank you for your cooperation.