Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hans van der Ven <ha...@optonline.net> on 2012/10/08 22:17:02 UTC

How to drag cell contents to another cell

I have not found out how to drag cell contents from one cell to another. At present I am highlighting the cell, then cut the contents,then move to the new location and paste.
How can I drag the contents?
Please advise.
Hans

Re: How to drag cell contents to another cell

Posted by Alan Boba <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Hans van der Ven <ha...@optonline.net>wrote:

> I have not found out how to drag cell contents from one cell to another.
> At present I am highlighting the cell, then cut the contents,then move to
> the new location and paste.
> How can I drag the contents?
> Please advise.
> Hans
>
> Hans - a number of methods are available. I can provide mine, of course.
Perhaps others will chime in with the other methods and you can pick the
one that suits you.

Terms
click - press and release left mouse button just once
ctrl+click - press ctrl key and hold it down then click (press and release)
with mouse, then release ctrl key
click and hold - press and hold left mouse button

method for selecting and moving only one cell
1. click on cell with contents you wish to move
2. ctrl+click on same cell
3. click+hold on same cell, drag and drop contents to new location

Re: Drag cell contents to another cell

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:17:02 -0000, Hans van der Ven
<ha...@optonline.net> wrote:

> I have not found out how to drag cell contents from one cell to another.

you should position your mouse pointer over the cell, press the left
button, move the mouse outside it as if you wanted to highlight more than
one cell, then return the pointer to the initial cell, and finally release
the button. this procedure having been followed, the cell will be
draggable just like a range of cells highlited in a usual way.

Re: Dragging cell contents to another cell

Posted by Hans van der Ven <ha...@optonline.net>.
Johnny,
I also found how to drag a range of cells using your proposal. Thank you,
Hans

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.