Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Diana Carroll <dc...@cloudera.com> on 2014/06/30 17:03:10 UTC

Spark 1.0 docs out of sync?

I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion for me.

When I view the Spark 1.0 docs online (http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.0.0/)
they are different than the docs which are packaged with the Spark 1.0.0
download (spark-1.0.0.tgz).

In particular, in the online docs, there's a single merged Spark
Programming Guide
[image: Inline image 1]
Whereas in the docs in the download package there are still three separate
guides:
[image: Inline image 2]

Plus there are several other differences: the color scheme is different
(orange vs. blue), and there are several content differences.  (The first
one being on the Overview page, e.g.
"Spark runs on both Windows and UNIX-like systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS). All
you need to run it is to have `java` to installed on your system `PATH`"
vs.
"Spark runs on both Windows and UNIX-like systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS).
It's easy to run locally on one machine --- all you need is to have `java`
installed on your system `PATH`"

Can someone clarify?  And more importantly, where can I download the
*official* 1.0 docs to build locally?

Thanks!
Diana