Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/08 00:35:42 UTC

Problem with sql statement , can some one help me to get count of a complex select ?

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
i really tried to get count of  rows that this statement return with no
luck.

SELECT * FROM categories   WHERE categories.categoryid NOT IN
    ( SELECT DISTINCT categoriescategoryid
    FROM BANNER_categories WHERE BANNERBANNERID = 10)

if we think this statement is A then i tried :
I tried :
select count(*) from (A)
select count(A)
select count(*) , A

but still i can not find this statement total returning rows.

Re: Problem with sql statement , can some one help me to get count of a complex select ?

Posted by Daniel Morton <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Assuming your query works the way it is suppsoed to
(ie. when you run the query, it returns the correct
rows) then you should be able to do:

SELECT COUNT(*)
(
  SELECT DISTINCT categoriescategoryid
  FROM BANNER_categories
  WHERE BANNERBANNERID = 10
)

Which is slightly different from the 3 examples you
listed.

Hope this helps.

Dan Morton

http://mail.yahoo.com