Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Jay JN Guo <gu...@cn.ibm.com> on 2016/07/29 07:13:20 UTC

[Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Hi,

As we are all excited about release 1.0.0, it's never too early to talk
about next big thing: Mesos 2.0.0. What major things should be done next?

I believe there are still many features you desire in Mesos and some of
them are already under development. I'd like to collect your minds and
align the vision in this mail thread. For example, here are items on Mesos
long term roadmap:

Pluggable Fetcher
Oversubscription for reservation: Optimistic offers
Resource Revocation
Pod support
Quota chunks
Multiple-role support for frameworks
User namespace support
Event bus
First class resources (Cpu topology info, GPU topology info, disk speed,
etc)
Deprecate Docker containerizer (in favor of Unified containerizer w/ Docker
support)

I would appreciate it if you could either share your ideas or vote on these
items, and we will discuss it in next community sync.

We may not have an unshakeable conclusion as container technology is
evolving at an ever faster pace, but the whole community, especially
newbies like myself, would profoundly benefit from a clear plan and
priority for next 3-6 months.

Cheers,
/Jay

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @zhitao I create a document at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F-Vb6fG4MaDgd82fxsRQDaEndlpFxQN-pBXkw-Q8yDA/edit?usp=sharing

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by Olivier Sallou <ol...@irisa.fr>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
I would like to make Containerizer modular. Refer to this ticket

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: [Mesos 2.0] Let's talk about the future

Posted by Olivier Sallou <ol...@irisa.fr>.