Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Amey Barve <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 06:20:59 UTC

Any hooks to invoke the custom database's statistics for aggregate hive queries

Hi All,

We have developed a custom storgeHandler implementing *HiveStorageHandler*.
We also have Api's/statistics for totalCount, max, min etc. for the data
stored in our database.

See below example queries:
1. select count(*) from my_table;
2. select max(id_column) from my_table;

So for above queries instead of full table scan, storageHandler should be
able to invoke our totalCount, max, min etc. methods

So are there any hooks to invoke these statistics api's for aggregate hive
queries which can do simple look up of these statistics?

Thanks,
Amey