Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2012/12/08 17:08:57 UTC

Wiki troubles?

Wonder if the mWiki is being worked on, any email of outages must have
escaped my inbox. Any confirmation, update?

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Wiki troubles?

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sorry, yes we are working on the traffic server and apache below wiki,
> which might cause very short outages (less than 10 seconds).
>
> Jan.

Ah thanks for the update. We'll be patient.

Re: Wiki troubles?

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 8 December 2012 23:29, TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/2012 16:19, janI wrote:
>
>> On 8 December 2012 21:56, TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>  On 12/8/2012 12:19, janI wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi.

>>> Please excuse my lack of clarity; your comment made me realize exactly
>>> what I was seeing. The "not logged in" page header is exactly what an
>>> anonymous user (not logged in) would see, when accessing the file. This
>>> is
>>> perfectly legal. If the user had a language code set in the browser, the
>>> page would naturally be in that language. Even a sysop might land on the
>>> "Recent changes" page, not notice not being logged in, and click on a
>>> link
>>> in the Upload log. Then the login status would become obvious, since the
>>> sysop options (including "delete all") would not show.
>>>
>>> However, for a logged-in user, this is a stale page, and should not be
>>> delivered by ATS.
>>>
>>> Now I think I understand you, I will look into it, but it is a wiki
>>>
>> problem and not a ATS, the traffic server cannot as far as I know generate
>> login pages. MWiki will however do it, if your cookies are deleted or out
>> of date. The use of cookies has changed quite a lot in the new release as
>> you will soon  see.
>>

> Sorry, I'm still not being clear enough. The "Login / Create account" I'm
> talking about is the little yellow message that appears at the upper right
> on every page, for an anonymous user (not the Login dialog, with boxes for
> user name, etc.). The stale page itself is the File page, showing the
> picture, file history, links, etc. Presumably, this means that an anonymous
> user (probably a spammer) has recently accessed the page; otherwise, the
> wiki wouldn't have generated it.
>
> Some component (probably ATS) is not properly checking the logged-in
> status of a cached page versus the logged-in status of the requester. (Or
> the check is getting bad information, or ...) "Not logged in" pages should
> be delivered to any anonymous user, but not to any logged-in user. "Logged
> in" pages may only be delivered to that particular user.

What is ATS to you ?? to me it is the Apache Traffic Server, and it simply
routes requests....the AS (Apache Server) do as you describe, compare
timestamp to see if a page should be sent or not....The current mwiki (php
scripts within AS) has a problem with timestamping, and as a result you get
an "old" skin (top part/menus/bottom). In your case (which is also my
case), mwiki simply do not check if you are already logged in (cookie
information) and more or less blindly sends out the skin without login
information.

According to release notes, it seems mwiki has been changed in the skin
handling, so lets see as soon as the new version is up and running (should
be soon).

Jan.

Re: Wiki troubles?

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.