Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Justin <cr...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/03 20:52:28 UTC

2-pass scoring of top docs

I've looked at this for a couple days and hope someone can offer suggestions...

In the past, we overrode Scorer::score(Collector), called super.score(Collector), called Collector.topDocs(), adjusted the scores for a portion of the top docs, then ran Collector.collect(int) to collect based on the new scores before returning from Scorer::score(Collector).

Now, it appears that a Collector object cannot be reused in the same way.  TopScoreDocCollector.pqTop is set the first time through, affecting how subsequent documents are collected.  I'd use a temporary collector, but there is no clone method and no get methods for the necessary constructor parameters (e.g. number of documents to collect).

Does anyone have a suggestion for "2-pass scoring" of top docs?

Thanks,
Justin