Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2002/03/11 06:28:02 UTC

Handling of Commons Bugzilla Reports

I'd like to suggest a convention for nwe Bugzilla bug reports related to
Commons packages that has worked well for many other Jakarta projects --
make the initial owner of all bugs the commons-dev mailing list.  This
causes all new bug reports (and updates to them) to get reflected to the
COMMONS-DEV mailing list automatically, which increases their visibility.

The convention in other groups has been that, if you want to assign a
particular bug to yourself, go ahead and do so -- but add
commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org onto the "CC" list for that bug so that the
whole group can see the progress.

As a starter, I've changed the Commons packages that had me as the initial
owner to this new approach, and would be happy to change the rest of them
if we all think it's a good idea (or undo it if people don't like it).
What do you thinK?

Craig

Re: Handling of Commons Bugzilla Reports

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
+1

This works well in Struts, and I'd like to see the same thing happen in
Commons.

--
Martin Cooper

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Handling of Commons Bugzilla Reports

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
+1

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 09:59, James Strachan wrote:
> +1
>
> James

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Handling of Commons Bugzilla Reports

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
+1

James

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
+1

- robert

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
+1 Craig

If patience is a virtue, and ignorance is bliss,
you can have a pretty good life if you're stupid
and willing to wait.