Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2005/05/24 22:27:46 UTC

[Announce] VFS moved out of sandbox

Hi!

I think I have done everyting needet to move VFS out of the sandbox
structure into commons proper.

svn move is completed whithout leaving any clutter there. I document
what I have done here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProperSVN

Could one please ensure the commit rights for the following people is
setup correctly
Adam Murdoch  adammurdoch -at- apache.org
James Strachan  jstrachan -at- apache.org
Dion Gillard  dion -at- apache.org

I already regenerate and redeployed the VFS site.
I also changed whats needet in commons-build. Could one please
regenerate this site, I guess this isnt something I can do, isnt it?
I'll post the announcement on the user list after the site is updated.

Is there something additional to do to ensure the nightly build still
builds?

Thanks to everyone who made it possible and supported me the last year
to come to this point. This is a great day for me.

The 1.0 release is planned for the next weekend as I am on vacation this
weekend.

Thanks!

---
Mario

Re: [Announce] VFS moved out of sandbox

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
>Change committed to jakarta/site and site on people.apache.org updated.
>It may take an hour or two until jakarta.apache.org shows the changes.

Thanks alot!

---

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 12:44 +0200, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> >If you prepare a patch against the jakarta/site xdoc files I will be happy to
> >commit them.
> >
> (I hope) attached you will find the diff.

Change committed to jakarta/site and site on people.apache.org updated.
It may take an hour or two until jakarta.apache.org shows the changes.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [Announce] VFS moved out of sandbox

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
>To alter http://jakarta.apache.org you need access to
>https://.../jakarta/site.
As described in
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProper[SVN] I
wanted to update the jakarta site. But I have to admit I dont expected
to have sufficient permission.
I updated
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProperSVN to
reflect the need to ask a PMC for this.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 08:39 +0200, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> >>I also changed whats needet in commons-build. Could one please
> >>regenerate this site, I guess this isnt something I can do, isnt it?
> >>
> >You should be able to do this, I believe.
> >
> No, I cant login at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site
>
> to commit the changes.

To alter http://jakarta.apache.org you need access to
https://.../jakarta/site. So posting jakarta-wide news items about the
promotion of VFS to proper will the help of someone on the PMC. If you
prepare a patch against the jakarta/site xdoc files I will be happy to
commit them.

But to alter http://jakarta.apache.org/commons you need only to edit
https://.../jakarta/commons/trunks-proper/commons-build, which all
jakarta committers should have access to. And to push it out is just
"maven site:deploy" which only needs a login to people.apache.org which
again all jakarta committers should have.

The relevant instructions should be here:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html

Regards,

Simon

Re: [Announce] VFS moved out of sandbox

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Martin!
>>I think I have done everyting needet to move VFS out of the sandbox
>>structure into commons proper.
>>

>Not quite. You need to add VFS to the svn:externals on trunks-proper
>and remove it from the ones on trunks-sandbox.

Done!
>James and Dion are all set; I will add Adam.

Thanks!

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/05, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think I have done everyting needet to move VFS out of the sandbox
> structure into commons proper.

Not quite. You need to add VFS to the svn:externals on trunks-proper
and remove it from the ones on trunks-sandbox.

> svn move is completed whithout leaving any clutter there. I document
> what I have done here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProperSVN
>
> Could one please ensure the commit rights for the following people is
> setup correctly
> Adam Murdoch  adammurdoch -at- apache.org
> James Strachan  jstrachan -at- apache.org
> Dion Gillard  dion -at- apache.org

James and Dion are all set; I will add Adam.

> I already regenerate and redeployed the VFS site.
> I also changed whats needet in commons-build. Could one please
> regenerate this site, I guess this isnt something I can do, isnt it?

You should be able to do this, I believe.

> I'll post the announcement on the user list after the site is updated.
>
> Is there something additional to do to ensure the nightly build still
> builds?

That depends on how the nightly build is happening today. If it's part
of Craig's build, then you'll need to get him to change his scripts to
pick up VFS from Proper rather than Sandbox. If it's somewhere else,
well, I don't know... ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Jakarta Commons VFS moved out of sandbox (Chainsaw dependency)

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
FYI: Jakarta Commons VFS is in the process of leaving the sandbox.
If I remember correctly, Chainsaw uses it.   Saw the item and thought
I'd give everybody a heads up.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-
dev&m=111696649015606&w=2