Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by da...@agilent.com on 2002/07/31 11:02:33 UTC

getElementByID(...) & hashtable

Hi,

I'm using xerces c++ 1.7 and i have following problem:

when i parse a xml (dom), i can access to elements with an ID
using DOM_Element DOM_Document::getElementByID(const DOMString &elementID)

but when i add new elements into the domtree, this methods sees only the "old"
elements...

i think this method is using a hash table, and perhaps it isn't modified by adding
new elements...

can somebody help me?

mfg Daniel Gebauer

Re: getElementByID(...) & hashtable

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
    the attributes defining the ID must be of type ID. This is assigned at
parse time. The types of things are not assigned to newly added
elements/attributes.

Gareth

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 daniel_gebauer@agilent.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using xerces c++ 1.7 and i have following problem:
>
> when i parse a xml (dom), i can access to elements with an ID
> using DOM_Element DOM_Document::getElementByID(const DOMString &elementID)
>
> but when i add new elements into the domtree, this methods sees only the "old"
> elements...
>
> i think this method is using a hash table, and perhaps it isn't modified by adding
> new elements...
>
> can somebody help me?
>
> mfg Daniel Gebauer

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com
Office: +44 (0) 1865 203192