Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by K P <kp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/11 21:19:03 UTC

Polymorphism in Web Services (badly need help here)

I am trying to understand how we can use polymorphic objects in web
services. Is there any standard way to define sub-types in the WSDL? If you
manually add complex types to the types element in the WSDL, will the
clients be able to use these explicitly non-referenced sub-types?

I have tried to use Axis wsdltojava, it did not generate client code for
such non-referenced sub-types. Is this just a local problem with the Axis
tool or is it problem accross Java based and non-Java based SOAP
implementations?

What are the guidelines for using Polymorphism in Web Services? How do you
use lists like ArrayLists and Maps without such basic support for
Poloymorphism?

Any information in this area will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Kiran.