Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "bphillips@ku.edu" <bp...@ku.edu> on 2012/03/30 22:42:09 UTC

Estimate For When Struts 2 Version 2.3.2 Will Be Declared GA

Can you provide a rough estimate for when Struts 2 version 2.3.2 will be
released?

We would like to upgrade our Struts applications to the latest version to
fix the security vulnerabilities identified in
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/s2-009.html and also widely discussed on
several IT blogs this month.

However, version 2.3.1.2 has a bug that prevents applications designed to
provide both a portlet and a standalone web application form working
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3763).  That is a feature we use.
The bug is fixed in version 2.3.2 per JIRA.

If version 2.3.2 will be released very soon we will wait and upgrade to that
version.  Otherwise we will use the Struts 2 portlet plugin version that is
in the Struts snapshot repository that has the fix for the bug.

Thank You,

Bruce Phillips

Re: Estimate For When Struts 2 Version 2.3.2 Will Be Declared GA

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2012/3/30 bphillips@ku.edu <bp...@ku.edu>:
> Can you provide a rough estimate for when Struts 2 version 2.3.2 will be
> released?

2-3 weeks, next week I'm going to start preparing a release

Regards
--
Łukasz http://www.lenart.org.pl/
mobile +48 606 323 122, office +27 11 0838747

Re: Estimate For When Struts 2 Version 2.3.2 Will Be Declared GA

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK The security issues that you mentioned are already fixed on 2.3.1.2
version.
Are there other security issues still opened?

Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse typos and brevity.

Maurizio Cucchiara