Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/10/05 07:56:26 UTC

Who are our active committers?

To count votes for the 2/3 majority (among active committers) needed for
the nomination of Christine Li to be a PMC member a list of active
committers is needed.

There is no easy way to do determine who is an active committer, but it is
something that we have inherited in our charter from
the Apache XML project. So I had a search through the parts looking for
$Id... in the Java parts, had a look in some recently modified XALANJ
issues in JIRA, and looked at xalan-dev.

Of the Xalan committers, I found their latest contribution, within the last
3 months as follows:

DATE       PERSON                    ACTIVITY
====       ======                    ========
2005/10/04 Dmitry Hayes              Makefile.incl.in
2005/10/02 David Bertoni             Commented on XALANJ-2207
2005/09/29 Brian Minchau             StylesheetHandler.java
2005/09/20 Joanne Tong               Updated Apache copyrights in testcases
2005/09/28 Christine Li              Review patch in XALANJ-2205
2005/09/09 Ilene Seelemann           Commented on XALANJ-2189
2005/09/06 Sarah McNamara            Posted to xalan-dev
2005/07/28 John Gentilin             XConnection.java
2005/07/21 Henry Zongaro             XMLStringDefault.java
2005/07/14 Santiago Pericas-Geertsen Added patch to XALANJ-1912

For the nomination to proceed we need 7 of the 10 active committers to vote
+1.  So far we have five +1 votes.

The rest, including the following, are inactive committers:

Arun Yadav
Igor Hersht
June Ng
Matt Hoyt
Morris Kwan
Ramesh Mandava

Please correct me if I'm wrong and you know of someone (perhaps yourself)
who has made a more recent contribution to Apache Xalan.

If you are a PMC member, but an inactive contributor don't worry. You can
still vote on PMC issues regardless of your inactivity.

Remember to become active again you just need to make a contribution
(append to xalan-j-users, xalan-dev, xalan-c-users, or activity on a JIRA
issue, or activity in the code base ...).

- Brian Minchau