Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Shervin Asgari <sh...@linpro.no> on 2006/06/30 12:04:46 UTC

This is a question to roller users that use another language other than english

Hello all.
I am wondering if any of you have experienced what I have experienced.
It is the strangest thing. Some text is translated correctly in
norwegian, and others is translated in english, and this seems to be
browser dependent.

For instance, in IE, all text is displayed in norwegian. But in Firefox,
instead of getting the norwegian text for Links and Blog Archive
Calendar, I get the english text. I tried to change the language setting
in Firefox without any luck, but when I changed the IE setting from
norwegian to english, I got the same value as with the Firefox. So
somehow it is checking the language set in the browser, and using it
from there.

Have anybody else experienced this? It's really annoying :)

Shervin

Re: This is a question to roller users that use another language other than english

Posted by Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I'm translating the ApplicationsResources.properties file into
Brazilian Portuguese to generate the file
ApplicationsResources_pt_BR.properties. Roller was only showing the
messages in pt_BR after the login. Before login in, all the messages
were shown in English. So I decided to:

rename ApplicationsResources.properties to
ApplicationsResources_en_US.properties

and

copy ApplicationsResources_pt_BR.properties to ApplicationsResources.properties

to see the messages in pt_BR before login in. There is no global
configuration option for localization, only for user.

--halley

Posted by Shervin Asgari <sh...@linpro.no>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.